8 posts • joined Monday 18th May 2009 12:15 GMT
This is interesting - reminds me of the NES "Power Glove" accessory I had when I was a kid!
Can't come fast enough
Natal is pretty much the ultimate gadget I am looking forward to in 2010. The few people I've spoken to who have used it say it is real era-defining technology.
Of course I want to!
I never understand this "why would you want to" mentality. I have a hankering every few years to dust down Ico, Shadow of the Collosus, God Hand or Gradius V on a regular basis, and have to unpack the PS2 every time. I'd love it if I could just pop it into the PS3 and be ready to rock ...
With the current popularity in 3D movies this year it makes sense that the main provider of high quality in-home delivery would be doing their research in this area. I've seen pretty much all of the 3D movies released over the last few years, and am completely won over by it's immersive experience and the extra layer it brings to entertainment.
I agree with the Anonymous Coward above - Uncharted has great animations, and as such creates truly believable (if a little cheesy) characters. I too think we're a lot closer than that, but maybe the 10-15 years figure is going to account for getting back out of the uncanny valley, something that photo realistic graphics have struggled with on this current generation of consoles.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16