1 post • joined Tuesday 5th May 2009 11:10 GMT
don't rule out LED LCD
To be honest I don't agree on the comments that Plasma has a better picture than LCD, having owned a few LCD's and Plasmas I can honestly say my Samsung LED LCD beat the Samsung Plasma I had hands down for picture quality - the blacks are amazing. Coupled with a very subtle 100hz (on low setting) it removes virtually all LCD blur and makes fast moving action scenes watchable - even more so than my Plasma ever did. Throw into the mix the fact your not going to get images burned in (logo's etc - even with pixel shifting turned on I used to have massive problems) its a no-brainer.
In my opinion Plasma died when LED LCD was invented. Its the classic car of flat panel TV's - far too high maintenace to be used for everyday viewing as well as films.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default