2 posts • joined 5 May 2009
A ship date slips by three days - three fucking days - and this is news?
While everyone's watching the iPhone/iTouch platform...
...could all this chip design/strategy activity be aimed at a proper Apple media centre/console?
It could be a perfect fit for Apple - a device that looks like an Apple TV/Mac Mini, with the power of a PS3. Media centre, Blu-Ray player, PVR, games console - but sold as a plug-and-play media device that sucks all your songs and video off your computer, stores them, and can download games if you want. As with the iPhone, Apple wouldn't initially want to market the games ability - just the ease of use for everything else. 3rd parties would get the games going later.
It's time for Steve's hobby to go mainstream.
(I don't really believe they're doing this. But I'm running a Mac Mini as a media centre, and discovering new uses for it every day. With a non-desktop front end and a bit more grunt, it would be a perfect device.)
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)