2 posts • joined 30 Apr 2009
Max number of partitions on IBM Power Systems
PowerVM was enhanced in April 2011 to support up to 320 partitions on the Power 750, 640 partitions on the Power 770 and 780 and up to 1000 partitions on the Power 795.
Very nice article, but there are a few incorrect details, as follows:
1 - The Power 520 and 550 have had 2.5" SFF SAS disks for a while, and SSD disks have just been announced, as shown in http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/520/specs.html
2 - The Power 595 has the same 32MB L3 cache per POWER6 chip as the smaller systems, as shown in http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/595/specs.html . What's different between the smaller systems and the 595 is that the 32MB L3 cache on the lower systems is a single 32MB DRAM chip, while on the 595 it is split into two 16MB DRAM chips. That doubles the number of buses used for L3 cache I/O, therefore doubling bandwidth, as described in http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/rd/516/le.html
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize