3 posts • joined 28 Apr 2009
A lot of people here seem, dare I say it, obsessed with repeating the charge that there is clearly an opt-out for Google but not for Phorm. That just simply is not true. Phorm has developed a network-based opt out that ensures none of your traffic whatsoever is analysed.
There are various news stories like this where public confirmation of the NBOO has been given. Try here for proof: http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/video/2244091/phorm-executives-discuss
These guys were pretty happy selling ONDA players last year, nice to see that at least they've kept the page up so we can see that the new 'British-made' claim is nothing more than marketing hogwash. Interesting to note that no dimensions are given, and from the looks of it this looks like the Nano's southern cousin.
It should be noted that the documents referred to by Baroness Miller and certain other people, which reference conversations involving the Home Office were posted here: https://www.dephormation.org.uk/index.php?page=12 last year. This is rather an old story and one that is being spun out of all proportions. One has to ask why now when the anti-Phorm lobby have been in receipt of this information for nearly a year?
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor