3 posts • joined 28 Apr 2009
A lot of people here seem, dare I say it, obsessed with repeating the charge that there is clearly an opt-out for Google but not for Phorm. That just simply is not true. Phorm has developed a network-based opt out that ensures none of your traffic whatsoever is analysed.
There are various news stories like this where public confirmation of the NBOO has been given. Try here for proof: http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/video/2244091/phorm-executives-discuss
These guys were pretty happy selling ONDA players last year, nice to see that at least they've kept the page up so we can see that the new 'British-made' claim is nothing more than marketing hogwash. Interesting to note that no dimensions are given, and from the looks of it this looks like the Nano's southern cousin.
It should be noted that the documents referred to by Baroness Miller and certain other people, which reference conversations involving the Home Office were posted here: https://www.dephormation.org.uk/index.php?page=12 last year. This is rather an old story and one that is being spun out of all proportions. One has to ask why now when the anti-Phorm lobby have been in receipt of this information for nearly a year?
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe