1 post • joined 13 Apr 2009
InfoSphere Streams is softare which performs continuous analytics as data streams by. e.g., as stock quotes fly by at rates faster than disk drives can store, it updates things like volume weighted average price to help executed an automated trading strategy. At millions of trades per second, you can't store all the data.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low