1 post • joined 13 Apr 2009
InfoSphere Streams is softare which performs continuous analytics as data streams by. e.g., as stock quotes fly by at rates faster than disk drives can store, it updates things like volume weighted average price to help executed an automated trading strategy. At millions of trades per second, you can't store all the data.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide