2 posts • joined 8 Apr 2009
That bit made me laugh also.
Gavin, you've lost the news!
ln -s /transgression/du/jour /dev/badguy
While I don't condone the kind of remuneration reported, I'm sure there are similar clauses in the contracts of all of the honchos at IBM and the various major share holders.
I doubt if a deal of this size would go south for the want of a few piffling million. So is this the classic PR tactic of linking the story to a hot issue?
Follow the link and check out the source - it's some fund manager, perhaps stung by the loss of his bonus. Shame that the reporter doesn't have the wit to spot it - I prescribe a crash course under Dr C Brooker.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS