5 posts • joined 6 Apr 2009
Great bit of writing
Some genuine laughs from reading that, thanks.
Kuki seems to work very well on my base model Acer Aspire One - it's based on Ubuntu but optimised for the AA1... boots up very quickly indeed, and seems to run small too. I even got my T-Mobile 3G dongle dialled in after a bit of googling/persuasion.
I tried Ubuntu netbook remix on it, but the streaming video performance from YouTube was pretty awful.
Er, that should read
Acer Aspire Ones
Were available, at least least week, refurbished at Dabs... the 8GB SSD model with Linux. An absolute bargain at about GBP posted. I bought two, they both work fine.
Aah, this might explain...
...why London City Airport was in a chaotic mess this morning, with huge queues at check-in, and a huge wait at the gate for my hugely delayed plane.
They mentioned their "main IT feed" being down. The whole airport seemed to be being run with pen and paper.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA