1 post • joined 6 Apr 2009
CLARIFICATION: Don't confuse PCI-X and PCIe......
To be correct...
"PCI-X (PCI eXtended) is a computer bus and expansion card standard that enhances the PCI Local Bus for higher bandwidth demanded by servers. It is a double-wide version of PCI, running at up to four times the clock speed, but is otherwise similar in electrical implementation and uses the same protocol. It has itself been replaced in modern designs by the similar-sounding PCI Express, which features a very different logical design, most notably being a "narrow but fast" serial connection instead of a "wide but slow" parallel connection." - Wikipedia
As you can see from the description above, there is no such technical definition that separates the two by either video card or expansion card. Bottom-line, one is just an older standard for a PCI based system bus.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft