6 posts • joined 2 Apr 2009
Re: Correlation != Causation
1. outrage people 2. sue for free speech 3: profit!
The group, which has barely 100 (mostly family) members, also has a lucrative sideline in suing those who attack them, of whom there are many.
Sideline? Isn't that actually what they're about? The more people they provoke, the more opportunities to keep the money rolling in.
Not much change, I'd think. The Drake formula is just a long catalogue of things you would need to know to make an informed estimate of the likelihood of life elsewhere: values for all the terms were guesses depending on how keen you were for SETI funding. Fraction of stars with planets was an optimistic guess of around 1.0; just a guess. All we have now is a tiny bit of data suggesting there may be a a lot of planets, making the fraction somewhere in the range >0 to 1.0.
Still no information on all the other terms in the equation.
(I do wonder at the habitability index: for all we know, that's a guess too, and we may as well be using OLGA's formula of Gy=c)
Enough of this ethnic monitoring nonsense, tell them you're of central African origin.
Like everyone else on Earth...
Oh my. It's the End of the World of Warcraft?
Staring at goats?
So have they given up using psychics for remote viewing?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE