2 posts • joined 1 Apr 2009
To the HP bigot
Actually I am not an IBMer, I am a customer - Major engineering company with over 1500 blades, all converted to IBM after a disasterous year with HP blades - over heating, drive failures, backplane failures (passive backplanes my butt !!) but what erked me the most was unethical sales practices by our HP rep. We had enough and turfed them out - you will soon see. If there's FUD out there, it's all HP. Like I said, it took HP 3 tries and 5 years to get to where IBM was 5 years ago. If you 've seen the NDA then you know you will have to rip and replace all your existing infrastructure in the next 18 months. Good luck
Last page for response to Anonymous
Why even mention Itanium - just shows how much you really DON"t know - it's a dead horse, never made it, never will. Want proof? - ask INTEL what their roadmap is for Itanium - there is none. Ask Microsoft where all the applications are - very few and no news ones coming. you want to compare Itanium performance versus IBm power - what a joke, not even in the same class. So why does HP still have Itanium - cause they invested $22B over 7 years so they are committed to it. Plus, you will see Alpha and Tru64 goin away soon so HP HAS to keep something for their 64-bit customers - Read between the lines moron.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network