3 posts • joined 19 Mar 2009
Yes you can buy a Windows PC cheaper, and yes the current Mac prices are getting a bit rich to stomach. however in a business environment try price matching taking into account Licensing. Price up all your different Server and CAL licenses on Windows for a medium size business providing the usual Computer Services, then look at the straight Unlimited license that comes with an Apple Server. I have done repeated comparisons over the years as part of my job and Apple still comes out on top on TCO over a lifecycle.
I second that, we run an all apple infrastructure and it takes a lot less man-hours than any of my friends running similar sized windows shops.
I agree pricing
We are a reasonable size Mac infrastructure and I agree there pricing has been moving towards the ridiculous over the last 6 month or so, they are in danger of pricing themselves out of retail and business if they keep it up.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers