3 posts • joined Thursday 19th March 2009 07:51 GMT
Yes you can buy a Windows PC cheaper, and yes the current Mac prices are getting a bit rich to stomach. however in a business environment try price matching taking into account Licensing. Price up all your different Server and CAL licenses on Windows for a medium size business providing the usual Computer Services, then look at the straight Unlimited license that comes with an Apple Server. I have done repeated comparisons over the years as part of my job and Apple still comes out on top on TCO over a lifecycle.
I second that, we run an all apple infrastructure and it takes a lot less man-hours than any of my friends running similar sized windows shops.
I agree pricing
We are a reasonable size Mac infrastructure and I agree there pricing has been moving towards the ridiculous over the last 6 month or so, they are in danger of pricing themselves out of retail and business if they keep it up.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle