3 posts • joined 19 Mar 2009
Yes you can buy a Windows PC cheaper, and yes the current Mac prices are getting a bit rich to stomach. however in a business environment try price matching taking into account Licensing. Price up all your different Server and CAL licenses on Windows for a medium size business providing the usual Computer Services, then look at the straight Unlimited license that comes with an Apple Server. I have done repeated comparisons over the years as part of my job and Apple still comes out on top on TCO over a lifecycle.
I second that, we run an all apple infrastructure and it takes a lot less man-hours than any of my friends running similar sized windows shops.
I agree pricing
We are a reasonable size Mac infrastructure and I agree there pricing has been moving towards the ridiculous over the last 6 month or so, they are in danger of pricing themselves out of retail and business if they keep it up.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR