2 posts • joined 17 Mar 2009
And another thing...
Those completing self-assessment forms had to get them in early (during October) rather than by 31 January. That too would have had a significant effect - wouldn't you concur?
Reason for traffic upshot in October
There was adjustment of personal allowances to account for the earlier removal of the 10% band.
The financial crisis probably didn't send anybody rushing to HMRC. This repository of tax data wouldn't be much help while share prices and banks were collapsing.
Thought you'd like to know.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor