4 posts • joined 13 Mar 2009
In reference to the potential of transmission beams heating the atmosphere, as long as the solar panel is kept between the Earth and the Sun (ie as long as it casts a shadow on the Earth), then no extra energy is reaching us. No energy is created in the process, and it was all heading our way anyway. In fact, if it could be transmitted in a form which is less prone to heat the atmosphere it passes through (higher frequency or transmission cables etc) then there would be less atmospheric warming than without the panel.
If it were the case that producers of milk were forcing Tesco to fill all their containers with milk, up to the point that if you wanted to buy a bottle in which to transport your orange juice you had no option but to buy one full of milk, pour it down the drain (or apply for a milk refund) and then fill it with your beverage of choice, and you suggested suing the milk producers rather than Tesco, then your analogy would be valid.
Wouldn't a magnetic shield just attract any space junk?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...