3 posts • joined 4 Mar 2009
"Ten CONSOLE Games I might have missed"
Cover and write about whatever you want, but at least don't get us excited with misleading titles ;)
There's life beyond PS3/Xbox, y'know!
A bit of old news?
Errr, actually, in our neck of the woods at least (Canada), this rolled out about two weeks ago... in fact it's part of the big world-wide hoopla you guys have reported on about FaceBook privacy, and large part of what caused the conference last week...
Little red thumbsticks?
I was really hoping that with the Lenovo offering, we'd finally have a netbook with what seems the most logical of input devices - those little red thumbsticks/mini-joysticks from the Thinkpad series; they take no space whatsoever, and while non-technical users do take a little while to get used to them, they're faster and much more precise (try selecting a specific pixel or drawing a straight line accross the screen, not to mention every-day operations like dragging icons etc on a pad). I can't believe there's a prohibitive cost or structural problem with placing them in netbooks - so why is it that none of them have it, even as a secondary option?
First company that produces a netbook with one of those has my money; otherwise, I just can't see myself spending actual cash on a device with a tiny, imprecise, aggravating input method that basically forces me to install a mouse :(
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base