3 posts • joined Wednesday 4th March 2009 15:26 GMT
A bit of old news?
Errr, actually, in our neck of the woods at least (Canada), this rolled out about two weeks ago... in fact it's part of the big world-wide hoopla you guys have reported on about FaceBook privacy, and large part of what caused the conference last week...
Little red thumbsticks?
I was really hoping that with the Lenovo offering, we'd finally have a netbook with what seems the most logical of input devices - those little red thumbsticks/mini-joysticks from the Thinkpad series; they take no space whatsoever, and while non-technical users do take a little while to get used to them, they're faster and much more precise (try selecting a specific pixel or drawing a straight line accross the screen, not to mention every-day operations like dragging icons etc on a pad). I can't believe there's a prohibitive cost or structural problem with placing them in netbooks - so why is it that none of them have it, even as a secondary option?
First company that produces a netbook with one of those has my money; otherwise, I just can't see myself spending actual cash on a device with a tiny, imprecise, aggravating input method that basically forces me to install a mouse :(
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones