3 posts • joined 4 Mar 2009
17 miles up is just the stratosphere not space really
Sorry to be such a killjoy, but 17 miles up is not really "space" is it? More like the stratosphere. Noctilucent clouds are found up to 50 miles I believe. Are they in space? And how would a helium balloon get above the atmosphere anyway? One compensation is that both "space" and "stratophere" begin with "S" so a more accurate description of the project could still use the PARIS acronym.
Bah humbug! Bob.
From pressure group to corporate raider in a single bound!
Another case of words having brand-new meanings in the Humpty-Dumpty world of El Reg!
Unless you really mean to suggest that Greenpeace are threatening Google with a takeover unless they buy back their shares at a premium.
Otherwise, it's just another environmental pressure group doing a bit of lobbying. Move along please, nothing to see!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?