1 post • joined 1 Mar 2009
Second bug not just a forgery issue
"He would notice that forgery issues to *NOT* qualify for the security bounty. FAIL!"
Right, and for this reason, I don't think DJB will award the $1000 to Kevin Day. However, the bug that I pointed out is an actual exploitable bug in how djbdns builds DNS response packets, which I believe is covered by DJB's security guarantee. You can read my BugTraq posting for more details (linked within the article).
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...