1 post • joined Tuesday 1st May 2007 22:12 GMT
Go Ofcom and DTI! I don't much care for Beardie, but I have even less desire to see Murdoch having the same stranglehold on the media that he does in Australia.
He's done the same kind of thing there, buying a small stake in Fairfax (which owns most of the newspapers in Australia that he doesn't) making the Aussie press even more incestuous than it already was. Thankfully, the UK is better suited to national papers than Australia, because of its size and population density
Until recently, Australia had restrictive foreign media ownership laws, but Murdoch got off because he used to be an Australian, and News Limited used to be based in Australia.
Virgin should launch a direct competitor to Sky on satellite - we can have UK versions of ESPN for sport and HBO for movies.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- 'Big Data' analysis Think Amazon is CHEAP? Just take a look at these cloudy graphs...