1 post • joined Thursday 26th February 2009 23:27 GMT
From the Horse’s Mouth: What OneConnect Supports
I’m a director of product marketing at Emulex and as Magellen posted on 2/18, Emulex OneConnect referenced in the article is a new platform, not to be confused with the current shipping Emulex LP21000 FCoE CNA. The new Emulex OneConnect platform will enable a new class of products called universal CNAs that provide universal connectivity for the data center and replace a number of point products such as NICs, iSCSI HBAs and FCoE CNAs used today. With full offload and hardware acceleration for a number of protocols including FCoE and iSCSI, the technology delivers the efficiency necessary to extract maximum value from deployed servers, irrespective of the customer’s choice of protocols. Emulex has a reputation of bringing storage products with enterprise class scalability and reliability to the market, and will be delivering this value again as we introduce products based on the OneConnect platform later this year. Stay tuned for more details on the OneConnect family.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job