1 post • joined Tuesday 1st May 2007 18:55 GMT
I spent a whole day with Jim when he came to visit our astronomical observatory. My boss - the director of the computing division - was the nomial host, but he had to leave in the middle of the day, and asked me (a rather junior programmer, or a senior systems analyst, depending upon circumstances) to make sure Jim was OK. Jim spent the rest of the day talking to everyone, going to dinner with them, etc. Jim was wonderfully approachable and thoughtful. To everyone he met.
I tried to help find him. The fact that he went missing makes me want to punch something. But at the same time, I don't see how anyone could have lived a better life.
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- 'Big Data' analysis Think Amazon is CHEAP? Just take a look at these cloudy graphs...