1 post • joined 1 May 2007
I spent a whole day with Jim when he came to visit our astronomical observatory. My boss - the director of the computing division - was the nomial host, but he had to leave in the middle of the day, and asked me (a rather junior programmer, or a senior systems analyst, depending upon circumstances) to make sure Jim was OK. Jim spent the rest of the day talking to everyone, going to dinner with them, etc. Jim was wonderfully approachable and thoughtful. To everyone he met.
I tried to help find him. The fact that he went missing makes me want to punch something. But at the same time, I don't see how anyone could have lived a better life.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great