5 posts • joined 20 Feb 2009
Scaling And Upscaling
There's a difference between simple 'scaling' - increasing the size of the SD image to fill the larger HD resolution screen - and 'upscaling', which does indeed attempt to effectively increase the resolution of the original SD image (with the emphasis on 'attempt'...). The 42LF7700 does the former, but not the latter - though that's hardly a major criticism of a set in this price range.
As for the Ethernet interface - LG will only tell us that it's for 'future use with Freesat'.
We have no problems with MythTV.
The point, as I stated in the review, is that manufacturers shouldn't sell you a lump of hardware and then just say - "sorry there's no software but we're sure you can find something out there on the Internet..."
Flip versus Toshiba
We are aware that Toshiba is about to update its Camileo range. However, none of the new Camileo models were available when we reviewed the Flip so it seemed unfair to compare it to products that hadn't launched yet.
We are, however, planning to review the new Camileo shortly.
BootCamp and ME
A quick look at the BootCamp page on Apple's web site would tell you that it only supports XP and Vista...
A wide range of formats?
Philips' last PMP couldn't play H.264 video - any word from them about video support on these new models?
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats
- Mozilla fixes CRITICAL security holes in Firefox, urges v31 upgrade