2 posts • joined 15 Feb 2009
RE: So how is sudo better?
Charles Manning Posted above:
One a terminal has used sudo, it gets a free pass to use sudo for a while with no checks.
True, but malware can't tell which processes have rights when, and therefore where to try injecting stuff. On win7, 70+ applications have permanent, unlimited, use-at-any-time free passes. Including explorer.exe, a very complex program which is easy to inject stuff into and which is almost certainly running all the time.
No they have not. Please read the article.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen