2 posts • joined 15 Feb 2009
RE: So how is sudo better?
Charles Manning Posted above:
One a terminal has used sudo, it gets a free pass to use sudo for a while with no checks.
True, but malware can't tell which processes have rights when, and therefore where to try injecting stuff. On win7, 70+ applications have permanent, unlimited, use-at-any-time free passes. Including explorer.exe, a very complex program which is easy to inject stuff into and which is almost certainly running all the time.
No they have not. Please read the article.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise