2 posts • joined 15 Feb 2009
RE: So how is sudo better?
Charles Manning Posted above:
One a terminal has used sudo, it gets a free pass to use sudo for a while with no checks.
True, but malware can't tell which processes have rights when, and therefore where to try injecting stuff. On win7, 70+ applications have permanent, unlimited, use-at-any-time free passes. Including explorer.exe, a very complex program which is easy to inject stuff into and which is almost certainly running all the time.
No they have not. Please read the article.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots