1 post • joined 12 Feb 2009
What about other products which include TTS (Text To Speech) functions?
I'm thinking about Adobe Acrobat Reader, for one.
Where is the line drawn?
Is it possible that the writer's guild is looking at a potential revenue loss on their own audio book retail?
Everyone and their dog (service dog or not) seems to be coming out with some type of TTS solution. Some of the voices are actually very good and the speech engines are constantly making improvements.
Sounds like another business mdel that failed to transition into the modern age.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize