1 post • joined 12 Feb 2009
What about other products which include TTS (Text To Speech) functions?
I'm thinking about Adobe Acrobat Reader, for one.
Where is the line drawn?
Is it possible that the writer's guild is looking at a potential revenue loss on their own audio book retail?
Everyone and their dog (service dog or not) seems to be coming out with some type of TTS solution. Some of the voices are actually very good and the speech engines are constantly making improvements.
Sounds like another business mdel that failed to transition into the modern age.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Apple releases iOS 7.1 update in response to cars, complaints, vomit