2 posts • joined 10 Feb 2009
It shouldn't have built-in 3G
Why do some insist on built-in 3G?
Hey, I know, I'll pay extra to commit the computer I have for the next 2-4 years to a particular cellular technology that will probably be obsolete halfway through its lifecycle!
It's not even a very efficient use of tech. It would be smarter to get a MiFi or other pocket router; for the same money, you can get *any* device you own on 3G or 4G, not just one. The pack also helps you save battery life on the notebook.
You can do it, but...
As was suggested by Tony, there's software to do it. However...
The truth is, you bought a player without bothering to check how well it'll work with a Mac, and one that doesn't really work at all without third-party software. Unless you somehow have a chronic aversion, I would think it smarter to get an iPod or (if you must be cross-platform) a Sony Walkman S600 or S700 series player. Those are fine players and at least work on the Mac through drag-and-drop without needing special apps.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners