2 posts • joined 10 Feb 2009
Glassfish, not JBoss
If I were Oracle, I wouldn't worry about JBoss, they're trying to play catch up. The Glassfish community is what Oracle should be laying awake about, that community is far larger with far better quality/availability. I'm seeing in nearly everywhere I see Java in the enterprise...
OpenSolaris spanks Red Hat
We tried deploying Red Hat's new real time bits, and leaving quality aside (it's riddled with bugs, even install is broken), performance hogged vs. basic OpenSolaris. Tested on HP gear, running standard config. Red Hat needs to go back to the drawing board...
Parris because she was hoping for a different answer.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers