2 posts • joined 10 Feb 2009
Glassfish, not JBoss
If I were Oracle, I wouldn't worry about JBoss, they're trying to play catch up. The Glassfish community is what Oracle should be laying awake about, that community is far larger with far better quality/availability. I'm seeing in nearly everywhere I see Java in the enterprise...
OpenSolaris spanks Red Hat
We tried deploying Red Hat's new real time bits, and leaving quality aside (it's riddled with bugs, even install is broken), performance hogged vs. basic OpenSolaris. Tested on HP gear, running standard config. Red Hat needs to go back to the drawing board...
Parris because she was hoping for a different answer.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids