5 posts • joined 6 Feb 2009
I don't think I've ever seen anyone using a full size SD with a raspberry pi. Almost everyone uses a microSD in an adapter. Often people want the flexibility to re-use the card from an old phone/tablet or microSD is more easily available.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a DevGru.
...it's like a grue only tier 2!
when was the last time you used a DVD/CD drive?
I replaced the Optical Drive in every laptop I've owned since then with a secondary battery.
I'm sick of people insisting that they NEED an optical drive.
What the hell?
1 minute 14 seconds, Jesus that's an awful boot time.
I use an OCZ Apex running Ubuntu Jaunty with a custom kernel.
My boot time recorded by bootchart is 8.4 seconds.
Maybe another 2 seconds for X & Gnome Startup and that's it.
No more disk light. Desktop fully usable.
And I use around 10% of my 60GB drive for the OS & Apps.
Only exception with the apps is the 8GB taken up by
Call of Duty 4 and Visio... The only two windows apps I still use.
What the hell?
There go my plans of ordering one.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24