2 posts • joined 2 Feb 2009
I think everyones forgetting something....
It really doesnt matter how many megapixels the new iphone has or what optics it decides to use, Apple will release the new iPhone with the new iCamera using iOptics and all the fanbois will rush out, buy one, instantly loose all common sense (not that they seem to have much to start) and announce that the camera quality is better than a top SLR.
Just to add I have a nokia n95 and the camera on it is just as good as any basic point-and-shoot and for spontaneous photos it fits the bill!
Firstly, I've always thought these arguments are stupid.
Say MS are forced to remove IE from Window OS installs, how are users supposed to access the internet to download their browser of choice? Most ordinary users (those who aren't IT literate) would stare at the computer wondering why they couldn't access the internet then ring up whoever they bought the computer from and complain they've been sold a duff computer.
So then computer makers (dell, asus, ... ) would have to start installing a browser with all the other crap they bloat new computers with, and which browser would they choose, because if they choose just one then that would surely be anti-competitive also.
I also notice that no-ones suggesting that apple should start doing the same, do they not have to answer the same questions for bundling opera with their computers?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'