2 posts • joined Monday 2nd February 2009 10:57 GMT
I think everyones forgetting something....
It really doesnt matter how many megapixels the new iphone has or what optics it decides to use, Apple will release the new iPhone with the new iCamera using iOptics and all the fanbois will rush out, buy one, instantly loose all common sense (not that they seem to have much to start) and announce that the camera quality is better than a top SLR.
Just to add I have a nokia n95 and the camera on it is just as good as any basic point-and-shoot and for spontaneous photos it fits the bill!
Firstly, I've always thought these arguments are stupid.
Say MS are forced to remove IE from Window OS installs, how are users supposed to access the internet to download their browser of choice? Most ordinary users (those who aren't IT literate) would stare at the computer wondering why they couldn't access the internet then ring up whoever they bought the computer from and complain they've been sold a duff computer.
So then computer makers (dell, asus, ... ) would have to start installing a browser with all the other crap they bloat new computers with, and which browser would they choose, because if they choose just one then that would surely be anti-competitive also.
I also notice that no-ones suggesting that apple should start doing the same, do they not have to answer the same questions for bundling opera with their computers?
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court