9 posts • joined Friday 30th January 2009 11:51 GMT
All that's left...
...is for them to ditch Live Search altogether.
MS exec "We've got more money than God and what the world needs now is a new search engine! Name a successful search engine with global brand identity."
MS minion "Google?"
MS exec "Apart from that one."
MS minion "Yahoo!?."
MS exec "And that one."
MS minion "...err..."
MS exec "See! I'm right. A gap in the market!" (Dreams of rising stock options and the keys to the executive toilets.)
@ Gordon Moar
Well said that man.
And @ Mectron...
As a long serving Windows fanboi I still fail to see the point or need for Media Centre. It pains me to say it but there it is. Every now and again I do a new install and think 'Hey, what's this? Oh, it's the same POS as last time.'
And a question to all. I've got a mate who insists on using a Mac. It's his birthday in a few days. Would he go weak at the knees for one of those Turbo.264 jobbies? It's all Greek to me.
'I've never met a single person (in the UK) who owns one of these'
I bought the one they sold in the UK.
tbh I think they're a nice bit of kit. Quiet night in on the sofa with SWMBO, nothing on the TV, nothing you fancy from 'other sources'? Fire up the Apple TV. With a US iTunes account the choice of viewing is very good.
For me it was one of those impulse gadget buys that I don't regret.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16