2 posts • joined 28 Jan 2009
If only MicroUSB were standard!
Sure, 5-10 years ago, eveyone had the Nokia charger..... Then came the HTC and BlackBerry - [did you mention BlackBerry?!] with the mini USB.
Some BB models required specific chargers - but ostensibly, HTC-type and BB-type chargers are interchangeable - I know because I field test lots.
THEN Blackberry brought out the 8900, with a 'different' mini USB - it has rounder edges.
There is no bloody way that we will ever see "one size fits all" - we all secretly know this.
So no cables into this puppy, not even power?
Surely one neat multifunction cable, even to a remote unit, is better than one power cable and one box which is reliant on wireless tech (and about 0.5m away from the TV anyway).
I know wireless power is coming - make it soon and safe!
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip