2 posts • joined 28 Jan 2009
If only MicroUSB were standard!
Sure, 5-10 years ago, eveyone had the Nokia charger..... Then came the HTC and BlackBerry - [did you mention BlackBerry?!] with the mini USB.
Some BB models required specific chargers - but ostensibly, HTC-type and BB-type chargers are interchangeable - I know because I field test lots.
THEN Blackberry brought out the 8900, with a 'different' mini USB - it has rounder edges.
There is no bloody way that we will ever see "one size fits all" - we all secretly know this.
So no cables into this puppy, not even power?
Surely one neat multifunction cable, even to a remote unit, is better than one power cable and one box which is reliant on wireless tech (and about 0.5m away from the TV anyway).
I know wireless power is coming - make it soon and safe!
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe