Go back to school!
Now, for a “technology magazine”, one would think that you should know about “the technology” enough to know what is a multitasking and what is not. iPad most certainly is not a multitasking gadget and here is why.
Multitasking, by a definition is “sharing of the CPU” and iPhone 4.0 does not have that. Sharing goes something like this.
1. Application does something
2. OS serializes the state of the application
3. OS allocate CPU to something else
4. OS de-serializes the application
5. OS allocates CPU to the application
6. Application does something
7. OS serializes the state of the application
8. OS allocate CPU to something else
9. OS de-serializes the application
10. OS allocates CPU to the application
11. Application does something
iPhone 4.0 does not have CPU sharing. If you say it does have multitasking, you might want to take up cooking, or mowing lawns as a profession. Something that does not require knowledge of “the technology”.
You will not be able to surf while waiting for Skype call, pre-buffer youtube movie while doing something else… It is not a multitasking, not even close to multitasking. Go back to school!