3 posts • joined 16 Jan 2009
Hope it's a success
I'll buy one.
I'm still using my Sony Clie TH55 - runs palmOS and is the best PDA device I have had. Similar size to an iToucj full colour touchscreen, wifi, camera, headphone socket, syncs with outlook. Use it everyday. It's 5 years older than the iTouch but is essentially the same device - except it has a memorycard slot for expansion.
Here's hoping that Palm sticks around and forces Apple to keep innovating.
Since the NEC president would have been speaking in Japanese, not English, I expect this is just a mistranslation.
" If I remember my GCSE biology right Islet cells produce insulin; if he's had his pancreas removed he may now have an absolute lack of insulin which would cause diabetes mellitus - signs of which include weight loss. Usually easily controlled with insulin injections but stress can sometimes make this harder. This would be described accurately as a hormonal imbalance"
You remember correctly but incompletely. The symptoms such as weight loss occur at initial onset. Once the person is taking insulin the weight goes back to normal and in many cases people become overweight because they take too much insulin and then overeat to compensate.
I have been a selective buyer of Apple products and remember working on the old Apple ][ machines - I wish you the best Steve.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…