1 post • joined 14 Jan 2009
HDD companies are always guided by pricing at capacity points so short stroking would be a last resort to get a performance level required.
They may do special versions at request of OEMs but I wouldn't see this as becoming a mainstream (enterprise) item.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders