1 post • joined 14 Jan 2009
HDD companies are always guided by pricing at capacity points so short stroking would be a last resort to get a performance level required.
They may do special versions at request of OEMs but I wouldn't see this as becoming a mainstream (enterprise) item.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats