1 post • joined 14 Jan 2009
HDD companies are always guided by pricing at capacity points so short stroking would be a last resort to get a performance level required.
They may do special versions at request of OEMs but I wouldn't see this as becoming a mainstream (enterprise) item.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why