3 posts • joined Tuesday 13th January 2009 16:56 GMT
Re: Poor choice of graphics
"1. Pie-charts are a poor way of representing data, the human eye is very poor at measuring and comparing angles or radians."
"2. 3D-graphics should be reserved _only_ for when you have data with three co-ordinates. They add nothing to this figure other than distort the information that is trying to be conveyed."
Both of the above are the exact reason people like to use them, don't tell me you've never had to hide some bad news.
Life without walls
I wonder if Crispin Porter + Bogusky were the same ad. agency that came up with Microsoft's new slogan "Life without walls". Am I the only person who can't see why you'd want windows if you had no walls? Genius.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle