3 posts • joined Tuesday 13th January 2009 16:56 GMT
Re: Poor choice of graphics
"1. Pie-charts are a poor way of representing data, the human eye is very poor at measuring and comparing angles or radians."
"2. 3D-graphics should be reserved _only_ for when you have data with three co-ordinates. They add nothing to this figure other than distort the information that is trying to be conveyed."
Both of the above are the exact reason people like to use them, don't tell me you've never had to hide some bad news.
Life without walls
I wonder if Crispin Porter + Bogusky were the same ad. agency that came up with Microsoft's new slogan "Life without walls". Am I the only person who can't see why you'd want windows if you had no walls? Genius.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go