2 posts • joined 8 Jan 2009
Don't get me wrong, I have had the 701 with an upgraded SSD for over a year now. I love it. However Asus has been sorely testing my patience by slapping the Eee moniker on everything that moves, without improving the build quality or the value much. The 701 was really a huge step forward but since then...?
Congratulations, it's 2004.
Hmm, small form factor, touchscreen, and a low cost processor? I had one of these 5 years ago... only it was called the FlyBook, cost £1800 and had a GSM SIM card slot you could use for data as well.
Granted the Transmeta chip was an absolute dog (hot, noisy and slow) but the only thing this has going for it is the Eee's sub-£200 price... oh, wait.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...