2 posts • joined 8 Jan 2009
Don't get me wrong, I have had the 701 with an upgraded SSD for over a year now. I love it. However Asus has been sorely testing my patience by slapping the Eee moniker on everything that moves, without improving the build quality or the value much. The 701 was really a huge step forward but since then...?
Congratulations, it's 2004.
Hmm, small form factor, touchscreen, and a low cost processor? I had one of these 5 years ago... only it was called the FlyBook, cost £1800 and had a GSM SIM card slot you could use for data as well.
Granted the Transmeta chip was an absolute dog (hot, noisy and slow) but the only thing this has going for it is the Eee's sub-£200 price... oh, wait.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015