2 posts • joined 19 Dec 2008
Horses for courses ...
"According to a report in today's Wall Street Journal, a consortium of 14 US tech companies is asking for $1bn in federal aid to build a lithium-ion battery plant."
And I want $1bn in federal aid to resurrect the horse-drawn carriage industry. Horses are cheaper to run for short distances around town than electric cars, the exhaust is fertilizer, and the ease of disposal of worn and broken parts is almost infinitely easier and more environmentally friendly ...
I might expand on this later, but the cameras say we have a foal on the way ... gotta go :-)
"It's Austin, not Texas"
No shit. Austin's probably the only TX city I'd consider living in or near. It's the only one I've spent any time in that seems to at least be living in the '90s ... the 1990s, that is. The rest of TX is still stuck in the 1890s, or there abouts. High tech, good tunes, educated people, a lively downtown, reasonably priced housing in the suburbs, what's not to like about Austin? Other than what they try to pass off as beer, that is.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE