3 posts • joined 17 Dec 2008
Re: ICI DECSYSTEM-20s
Essex university had a Dec-10 and then later a Dec-20 too. I was a frequent visitor via X-25 and then Janet to play Mud-1. Heady stuff at the time.. damn those internal users on the 4800 baud VT100s!.
Who - me?
The issue is people who don't understand why certain rules exist using their own judgement as to whether they should apply to them or not, based on their own selfish needs and wants.
Mobile phones can interfere with communications and with aircraft navigation systems - it has been proven that mobiles can cause changes to the indicated heading. Needless to say this could be very hazardous.
The best reason for not using your mp3 player is to ensure that you maintain situational awareness and are ready to react to instructions in an emergency.
No movement required
My 360 has scratched disks consistently, despite remaining perfectly immobile and horizontal in the bottom of my TV cabinet. It has done this despite being replaced twice - the jury is still out on the current replacement.. not sure if it still has the same Samsung drive in it.
Not all CDs/DVDs are perfectly balanced or have spindle holes that are completely concentric. You can usually identify these disks as they can be considerable noisier during access due to the increased vibration.
Saying that this only happens when the unit is moved or even jogged is bollox!
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait