3 posts • joined 15 Dec 2008
Ummm, all this talk of Apple suing Skype...
... doesn't it kind of miss the point that as it's downloaded via the App Store, Apple have approved it already?
What's the alternative? Buy a 3g dongle for your laptop. Does that count as paying twice too?
With the iPhone tethering, you're paying roughly the same... plus you may have to pay for the actual dongle itself.
I'm not saying it's a good deal... but, if the iPhone tethering were free/very cheap, the market for 3g data cards would be seriously impacted.
I'll still be getting it. It's more convenient than carrying a seperate dongle, plus it means I can make use of TomTom's data services again. I feel a bit stiffed, but I can see why it ain't free as well.
The problem with sites such as gsmarena and to an extent with these comments is they are based largely on fanboys or haters that can be bothered to vote/comment, as opposed to any kind of scientific or informed opinion.
While I may not agree with the reviewer, I personally respect his opinion far more than the comments here or the 'opinions' expressed on sites like gsmarena and/or other user review sites.
Use your brains people: read informed opinions rather than votes, seek a variety of opinions, and make up your own mind.
Do you really believe X-Factor is the best way to generate new musical talent, after all?
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes