3 posts • joined 13 Dec 2008
@Charles Manning: So people really need all that space on a laptop?
I'm guessing you don't have your music collection on your laptop and you don't edit video?
What's this warm lap business? I've had my MacBook sat on my lap for hours editing video and what-not and it's been just fine. I know the first MacBook Pro can fry yer gonads and I had an NEC brick that you could have made toast on, but the new MacBooks seem to have sorted out that rather annoying 'feature' of laptops. Other manufacturers must have sorted this too, right? You just need to walk away from those Tesco specials that use crappy components.
And Apple buyers are Mactards?
Looking at one of Shuttle's resellers in the UK (Ambros Direct), they offer a Shuttle X27D Base Spec (1GB of DDR2 and a 160GB SATA2 drive) for GBP 449.50 (incl. VAT and delivery). For a whole 50p more, Apple will deliver a Mac Mini with a 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo instead of that wimpy Atom.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices