3 posts • joined Saturday 13th December 2008 16:54 GMT
What's this warm lap business? I've had my MacBook sat on my lap for hours editing video and what-not and it's been just fine. I know the first MacBook Pro can fry yer gonads and I had an NEC brick that you could have made toast on, but the new MacBooks seem to have sorted out that rather annoying 'feature' of laptops. Other manufacturers must have sorted this too, right? You just need to walk away from those Tesco specials that use crappy components.
And Apple buyers are Mactards?
Looking at one of Shuttle's resellers in the UK (Ambros Direct), they offer a Shuttle X27D Base Spec (1GB of DDR2 and a 160GB SATA2 drive) for GBP 449.50 (incl. VAT and delivery). For a whole 50p more, Apple will deliver a Mac Mini with a 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo instead of that wimpy Atom.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support