2 posts • joined 12 Dec 2008
Firmware defect BRICKS Seagate drives
A defective firmware in many 500GB+ drives is causing many drive failures too. Seems Seagate initially washed their hands of it and simply provided a firmware update for owners to apply BEFORE they hit the problem and left those with the bricked drives high and dry. But now they are provide a free re-flashing service through their data recovery arm.
Search the net for "7200.11 SD15"
More errors in the article
The opening paragraph says:
"Claudia Slevin's case of repetitive strain industry was fought tooth and nail ..."
Anyone spot the not-so-deliberate mistake? I guess the spell checker didn't catch that one :)
Paris, because she wouldn't know what a spell checker was either.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast