4 posts • joined 10 Dec 2008
Re: File Size?
I upgraded to Windows 8 from XP. No liking the new GUI, and wanting something more XP-like, I installed Start8 from Stardock (I paid $4 for it). This made Windows 8 much more familiar and pleasant to use. It's very fast, even compared to Windows 8 - so I now think it's the best Windows release ever.
I upgraded to 8.1 but opted to stay with Start8 - seriously, those complaining about Windows 8 should try out an evaluation of Start8 (no I'm not affiliated with Stardock!).
Tape deck as VCR
Many years ago I used to record kids cartoons on my Dads tape deck. We did not have a VCR like many richer friends. I used to listen to them as I feel asleep and built up a nice collection.
Thanks Philips for such a wonderful invention.
Excellent article and a big thumbs up to the BBC News online staff.
I remember around year 2000 being out of work for a few months, I was on dial-up and used to read the BBC News website every day. The website stood out because it was miles better designed that others at the time - clean, functional and quick to download over dial-up. I used to connect, download a bunch of pages then disconnect to save money. Now I realize the back-end was ahead of it's time and as a web developer/sysadmin myself elements of the design seem obvious now.
I tip my hat to you guys!
If this turns out to be vapourware...
..can we call it the Phantom Zone? :-)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for those too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?