2 posts • joined Wednesday 10th December 2008 15:20 GMT
Excellent article and a big thumbs up to the BBC News online staff.
I remember around year 2000 being out of work for a few months, I was on dial-up and used to read the BBC News website every day. The website stood out because it was miles better designed that others at the time - clean, functional and quick to download over dial-up. I used to connect, download a bunch of pages then disconnect to save money. Now I realize the back-end was ahead of it's time and as a web developer/sysadmin myself elements of the design seem obvious now.
I tip my hat to you guys!
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire