2 posts • joined 10 Dec 2008
One-tonne boa constrictors?
So do we want a climate suitable for one-tonne boa constrictors? Or for people?
The climate has change a lot over the lifespan of the earth, but humans have only been around over a rather narrow range of temperatures.
Re: "After a harrowing night without food or water..."
The body uses a lot of energy trying to stay warm, so lack of sustenance would indeed make things worse.
I was once trapped somewhere cold and exposed for a couple of hours (not sub-zero cold, but it was windy and raining hard), and it was a considerable help that I had water and plenty of high-energy food.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!