4 posts • joined Tuesday 9th December 2008 15:47 GMT
1) Don't use the sony reader software, use Calibre - free, multiformat, works great, and allows you to reformat books.
2) Why would anyone want to shop from Waterstones or a UK-based Sony store? Buy from places like BooksOnBoard and you pay US prices.
"When will people learn that it's not technology that wins wars but brains, daring and a bit of luck"
No, it's technology. It's always been technology, from Rome's iron gladii to England's longbowmen at Agincourt to the bomb at Hiroshima. That's why we're not sending our boys out to the Middle East with flint axes.
Precisely correct on the 3G comment above. This should in no way be rated as a Bold-league device. Have fun using Docs-to-go over EDGE. It's a nice-looking device though, a decent top-end consumer device. If we see a device in this form-factor towards the end of next year that has 3G, it'll be a real winner.
To disagree with the top comment, however, RIM devices have excellent keyboards. This one is the same size as the 83xx devices, which are very easy to use.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones