4 posts • joined 9 Dec 2008
1) Don't use the sony reader software, use Calibre - free, multiformat, works great, and allows you to reformat books.
2) Why would anyone want to shop from Waterstones or a UK-based Sony store? Buy from places like BooksOnBoard and you pay US prices.
"When will people learn that it's not technology that wins wars but brains, daring and a bit of luck"
No, it's technology. It's always been technology, from Rome's iron gladii to England's longbowmen at Agincourt to the bomb at Hiroshima. That's why we're not sending our boys out to the Middle East with flint axes.
Precisely correct on the 3G comment above. This should in no way be rated as a Bold-league device. Have fun using Docs-to-go over EDGE. It's a nice-looking device though, a decent top-end consumer device. If we see a device in this form-factor towards the end of next year that has 3G, it'll be a real winner.
To disagree with the top comment, however, RIM devices have excellent keyboards. This one is the same size as the 83xx devices, which are very easy to use.
Front screen timeout
No comment on the fact that the small screen on the front of the device times out after a couple of minutes, rendering it totally useless? Nothing about the appalling plastic-y build quality?
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?