6 posts • joined Tuesday 9th December 2008 14:14 GMT
oh, how stupid I can be at times. David W is correct. Receipts have the last 4 credit card numbers, not SSN.
Paris Hilton, because it seems I take lessons from her.
last four most often in trash can
yes, the last four are commonly found on most cash register receipts. The irony is that a few years back, the entire SSN was printed on receipts. For "security" purposes, the first 5 are now routinely "x-ed" out and only the last four are printed... how sad.
I am lucky because I am sufficiently old enough that my number does not fit this research.
pirate logo for obvious reasons
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job