6 posts • joined 9 Dec 2008
oh, how stupid I can be at times. David W is correct. Receipts have the last 4 credit card numbers, not SSN.
Paris Hilton, because it seems I take lessons from her.
last four most often in trash can
yes, the last four are commonly found on most cash register receipts. The irony is that a few years back, the entire SSN was printed on receipts. For "security" purposes, the first 5 are now routinely "x-ed" out and only the last four are printed... how sad.
I am lucky because I am sufficiently old enough that my number does not fit this research.
pirate logo for obvious reasons
Does anyone have any idea about supercomputers owned by an individual? What is considered on that list, if anything? Home supercomputing anyone?
Too big to fail?
How's this for a scary thought... with Google's dominance and integration is it getting too big to fail?
How can this NOT be banned on airplanes? Methane is an explosive gas
Fortress of solitude anyone?
Hmmm, perhaps cooling is the reason that Superman's Fortress of Solitude in in the land of ice...
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Lollipop unwrapped: Chromium WebView will update via Google Play