1 post • joined 5 Dec 2008
Well! As a NetWare admin, hearing that the loss has slowed a bit from expectation is good news. From my point of view, this may have more to do with Open Enterprise Server v2 being significantly better than the v1 version of it, and thus seeming to be a viable successor to what we've been using for the last, er, 20+ years. It has been a while, hasn't it?
SP1 for OES2 posted the day before Novell announced their financials and includes more things to complete the 'missing feature' list from NetWare, like a functional AFP stack, and a CIFS stack that can scale into the 1000's. Two things that make it coexist better in this macbook fueled world.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders