4 posts • joined Friday 27th April 2007 12:25 GMT
Fluffy Bunnies remain huddled in the hutch
My Salt Lake City pal, Mr Maddox, says it best:
Why anyone would pay massively just to polish His Steveness' galactic ego is beyond me.
From my extensive survey of stateside taverns, the FluffyFone is not even that effective as a chick magnet.
We should all be thankful to Sony
For providing us with such a laughable idea. PS3 is a major turkey. A reflection of the terminally insular corporate culture at Sony. That place is totally dead meat. My god their internal meetings must be PowerPoint-fests of the highest order. Looking forward to reading the Sony obituaries. The place has been a complete embarassment ever since the passing of Morita-san.
There have always been better services than Skype the Hype
For example, Gizmo (http://www.gizmoproject.com) or its ancestor service SipPhone. No special equipment, and the reliability and cost are Far better. And the biggest plus is that it is NOT a Roach-Motel architecture like Skype. It interacts perfectly with all other VoIP services, via SIP. Skype is the choice of the ignorant, just like Microsoft.
Gmail backup, passively without POP
You can configure gmail to deliver your mail (in addition to the usual gmail box) to another email account of your choosing, anywhere. Thus you get a continuously updated backup without having to run a POP client like Thunderbird. I've been doing this, works perfectly.
With google, you get (more than) you pay for, so all you whingeing wankers can put the dummy back in your pouting pie-holes.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst