2 posts • joined 2 Dec 2008
Probably more like OILLLLLL = Profits than cost, safety, etc. Why would they spend a fortune on developing something which would be in direct competition to 99.99999999% of their othre products which (at the time) was doing so well?
It's probably correct that they "used" the EV1 project in order to discredit the very idea of leccy cars. So people would rather buy their gas guzzlers. Notice how many "enlarged" GM models came out after EV1 was caned?
Centi or Heca
Strictly speaking neither is correct (that is if you see SI as being the standard) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_prefix
Centi = 1/100
Heca doesn't exist, could it be Hecto? = 100 x
Someone just about capable of purchasing a Tesla is thus a Deci-Millionaire (i.e. 1/10 of 1,000,000 = 100,000)
And according to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionare#Terminology) centi-millionaire is an Americanism, so it's understandable ... seeing as it's an American who said it.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Feature Reg man builds smart home rig, gains SUPREME CONTROL of DOMAIN – Pics
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant