2 posts • joined 2 Dec 2008
Probably more like OILLLLLL = Profits than cost, safety, etc. Why would they spend a fortune on developing something which would be in direct competition to 99.99999999% of their othre products which (at the time) was doing so well?
It's probably correct that they "used" the EV1 project in order to discredit the very idea of leccy cars. So people would rather buy their gas guzzlers. Notice how many "enlarged" GM models came out after EV1 was caned?
Centi or Heca
Strictly speaking neither is correct (that is if you see SI as being the standard) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_prefix
Centi = 1/100
Heca doesn't exist, could it be Hecto? = 100 x
Someone just about capable of purchasing a Tesla is thus a Deci-Millionaire (i.e. 1/10 of 1,000,000 = 100,000)
And according to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionare#Terminology) centi-millionaire is an Americanism, so it's understandable ... seeing as it's an American who said it.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs