3 posts • joined 24 Nov 2008
Re re Sod Torpedoes
Sure, as of right now there are no really stealthy anti ship missiles (probably the Norwegian NSM is closest) since the use of ray guns was previously discounted :-)
However I suspect it would probably be easier to design and build a long range stealthy IR shielded (a la Apache/F117) turbofan cruise missile with a last 50 km smart dash capability than the proposed laser systems.
However your points about defence in depth are noted, and the fact that unlike our Navy, the Yanks are well aware of the importance of search radars being at 30,000 ft rather than 200 ft :-)
So I suppose we can expect Special Branch to start arresting folks inside the met? But I suspect that requires someone inside the Met to ask the police to investigate? -)
Sure, there is no airport "at" Breganz, but there is a nice 2000m or so facility about six miles away at St Gallen Altenrhein....
I suppose by this logic there is no Birmingham Airport either... :-)
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!