1 post • joined 23 Nov 2008
So far, nobody's mentioned TweakUI, which makes it easy to turn off autorun on selected drive types or letters. One caveat is that if you deselect removable drive types it will still do autorun on external USB drives, which is a PITA if the drive contains many JPG files. The best solution is to deselect autorun on all drive letters which may mount USB drives.
I had to fix a laptop infected w/a USB drive worm and it can be a nasty problem.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Updated Newsweek knocks on door of dad-of-six, tells him he invented Bitcoin
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad