1 post • joined 23 Nov 2008
So far, nobody's mentioned TweakUI, which makes it easy to turn off autorun on selected drive types or letters. One caveat is that if you deselect removable drive types it will still do autorun on external USB drives, which is a PITA if the drive contains many JPG files. The best solution is to deselect autorun on all drive letters which may mount USB drives.
I had to fix a laptop infected w/a USB drive worm and it can be a nasty problem.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders