1 post • joined 23 Nov 2008
So far, nobody's mentioned TweakUI, which makes it easy to turn off autorun on selected drive types or letters. One caveat is that if you deselect removable drive types it will still do autorun on external USB drives, which is a PITA if the drive contains many JPG files. The best solution is to deselect autorun on all drive letters which may mount USB drives.
I had to fix a laptop infected w/a USB drive worm and it can be a nasty problem.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked