1 post • joined 17 Nov 2008
weight of power pack
Looks like with modern ultracapacitors you could get about .5mW for 1 second from an 84 kg bank (according to some wikipedia numbers). You could have several of those so you can pulse the laser several times, realistically 2 banks should be all you need (if the charge time is equal to the discharge time) in order to maintain more or less continuous operation using an adequate generator that you could draw that much power from continuously. More banks needed if you have less continuous power from your generator. Of course the heat these components would produce is certainly significant, so again, that's even more cooling overhead required.
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS