5 posts • joined Thursday 13th November 2008 14:10 GMT
... There is no global warming?
(Personally I still adhere to the phlogiston theory)
I'm still waiting for 3 to reply my query as to why you can get unlimited internets for £15 a month on a SIM only deal (or for £25 by tethering a smartphone to your laptop on the One Plan) but a mere max of 15Gb per month when popping a 3 SIM into a MiFi or WiBE (when using mobile BB as a replacement for a slooow ADSL connection in the back of beyond).
Actually I can guess the answer, but I just like asking questions.
HTC Flyer is now down to £329
The WiFi version of the HTC Flyer is now down to £329 @ Carphone Warehouse (from a previously ridiculous £479).
That's *starting* to get closer to a realistic purchase price...
Have been interested in a variety of items (camera, lenses, notebooks) and been searching on eBay for a month now.
It baffles me why:
1) The majority of (alleged) "buyers" seem happy paying 80%+ of the NEW price for something secondhand from an unknown seller.
2) Some items go for way over 100% of the new price (e.g. HP 2133).
3) Anyone would want to bid against other bidders whose identity is hidden.
eBay used to be a great place to buy 2nd hand. But no more. Might as well buy new, or secondhand from a proper retailer with a guarantee.
A "good" error rate??
"That is an error rate of 0.085%, which is staggeringly good"
Um... Unless you happen to be one of the thousands affected? Statistics have no interest in the individual. I trust you never have to right a wrong on your credit and/or criminal record.
If (for the sake of argument using a random and made up number) DNA fingerprinting provides "accuracy" (actually a probablility of uniqueness) to a level of 1 in 30 million... then, to me, that means there's someone else in the UK who can be fingered for that crime (or vice versa).
"Where were YOU on the night of the fifth...?"
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL